At the Sacramento Career Technical Education (CTE) conference for counselors held in February 2020, Advanced Manufacturing was one of topics discussed in the panel — Multiple Paths to Success: Giving Students a Competitive Advantage. View the slide deck of Multiple Paths to Success.
• Carrie Peterson, Regional Director of Employer Engagement: Agriculture, Water and Environmental Technologies
• Mike Bell, Chair, SME Sacramento Valley CEO, and Founder SYNBYO
• Orion Walker, Regional Director of Employer Engagement: Energy, Construction & Utilities
• Angela Cordell, Regional Director of Employer Engagement: Business & Entrepreneurship
Mike Bell suggested that the top Advanced Manufacturing jobs were:
• CNC Operator (Entry-level)
• CNC Machinist
• Field Service Technician
• Industrial Machine & Maintenance Mechanic/Technician
• Production Assembler/Technician
• Office and Logistics Support
As part of the presentation, Mike Bell showed the how to access the education and industry resources related to advanced manufacturing on the Edu2Mfg.org website.