North Region Regional Director of Advanced Manufacturing Employer Engagement, Jeff Briggs, provided PPE production information to colleges. “There is a short process for colleges that want to use their 3D printing capabilities or laser cutters to create PPE for donation to health care providers,” said Briggs.
Colleges are asked to complete a regional spreadsheet indicating equipment and capabilities, contact the project leader for either northern or southern California, contact your regional health director to get help in obtaining a waiver and then join the PPE Slack channel to share information.
- Identify the equipment you have and your production capability by completing an entry on the spreadsheet for your region.
- Contact the Project Lead for your half of the state to make sure we maintain a unified impact
- Make your Regional Director, Health aware of your intent so they may solicit needs in your area and obtain liability wavier
- Use this link to find the Health Regional Director contact in your region.
- Join the SLACK group to keep up with current trends, processes and discussions
- You will receive an invitation to join from the project lead in step two above
- If you have any issues, the SLACK site is a good place to start, followed by the project lead